This vegetable casserole, which is slow-cooked to blend the flavors, is simple but extremely satisfying.
Prep Time20 minutes
Cook Time2 hours
Total Time2 hours 20 minutes
Course: Dinner and Side Dish
Keywords: Kid-Friendly Slow Cooker, Holiday, Keto, Kid Friendly, Diabetic-Friendly
Servings: 6 people
- 7 ounces of broccoli one medium, divided into florets
- 8 ounces cauliflower one medium, divided into florets
- Three tablespoons extra virgin oil, divided
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ground pepper
- Three tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Six slices of mild-tasting cheese
- Broil or steam the broccoli florets and cauliflower until they are fork-tender, about 8-10 minutes. Drain the cauliflower and broccoli florets before boiling.
- Use a manual masher to mash the cauliflower and broccoli coarsely.
- Extra virgin olive oil should rub the slow cooker’s bottom and lower sides.
- Place the cauliflower and broccoli in the slow cooker
- You can also add extra virgin olive oil, Parmesan, and salt.
- Spread the breadcrumbs over the top, then cover the entire top with the cheese.
- For 2 hours, set the thermostat to low.
Carbohydrates: 8gSmartPoints (Freestyle: 8
SmartPoints (Freestyle: 8